|Visit Orange County's Great Park (California)|
The First Great Metropolitan Park of the 21st Century
Orange County Great Park (California) is a Park being built on the former El Toro Marine Base.
It already has a Helium Balloon Ride, a Carousel, a Kids Rock playground, a Farm & Food Lab, a Visitor's Center, parking, and Picnic Areas.
It plans to add an outdoor auditorium, museums, sports activity areas like soccer fields, recreation fields, play areas, nature walks, bike trails, and areas for art exhibits, outdoor performances, art shows, book fairs, and other events.
Many areas will even have nightime lighting for evening use.
Previous speculation that it might be an Amusement Park are no longer in the plans.
There are even plans for a wildlife corridor from the El Toro Nature Conservancy (next to the Cleveland National Forest), leading down to PCH in Laguna Beach, so wild animals can travel seasonally, as their instincts demand, without human interference or harm.
The project as a whole has been delayed massively, because funding from planned home construction fell through with the current economic downturn, but the Park is still enjoyable for the Helium Balloon, Carousel, and Play Areas.
Read More on Construction Updates Here
7290 Trabuco Rd, Irvine, CA
From the 5 Freeway or 405 Freeway,
1) Exit on Sand Canyon, and go North
2) Go East on Marine Way (next to 5)
3) Turn Left after the Guard Shack
4) Follow the road signs to Parking
The Irvine Transportation Center is nearby,
with Metrolink, OCTA bus and Amtrak
(Currently, the park itself is under construction)
Visitor Center Hours and Directions are at Great Park Hours and directions
FREE HELIUM BALLOON RIDES|
FREE CAROUSEL RIDES FOR KIDS
FREE KIDS ROCK PLAY AREA
The Visitor's Center with Free Balloon Rides, Carousel Rides, and Kids Rock Playground is open
Free Balloon Rides to see an overview of the Park - call 1-866-829-3829.
Reservations are not available - first come, first serve.
The HELIUM (400 ft) Balloon goes high, but is tethered to the ground = SAFE!
Read more about Great Park Free Balloon Rides
- Free Great Park Balloon Th–Fri: 10am–3pm & 7pm–10pm / Sat–Sun 9am–3pm & 7pm–10pm
(The Helium Balloon Ride is Closed if Windy)
- Free Great Park Carousel - Thurs–Fri 10am–10pm / Sat–Sun 9am–10pm
- Free Kids Rock Playground - Thurs–Fri 10am–10pm / Sat–Sun 9am–10pm
- Free Farmers Market - Open Every Sunday (Rain or Shine)- 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Free Garden Workshops - Saturdays 10am
- Now You Can Check Out Balls & Sports Equipment to Play
>li> Palm Court Art Complex includes the Great Park Gallery & Artists Studios